Album Art

The album design project went through the entire creative process. The goal of the project was to create an album cover if a band were to produce a vinyl LP. Highlighted here is the conceptual phase of the project. This required me to develop a fictional band; decide on their genre, influences, style, etc. The thumbnails were the first items where I put the pencil to the paper to create extremely rough concepts for the album cover. These designs were then narrowed down to create comps before I settled on the final design. This process was difficult and ultimately I had several of my peers review my thumbnails and give constructed criticism. The comps below show the final design I settled on that I then brought onto the computer to develop the final product in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign.

Advertisements